After over four years as our Executive Director, Dawn Jones accepted a new position as President and CEO of Greenleaf Family Center. Dawn brought enthusiasm and professionalism to CANAPI and we are very sorry to see her leave, but wish her the best in her new position.
Our new Executive Director is Rebecca Callahan. Rebecca joined CANAPI in the position of Support Services Coordinator and has demonstrated the dedication and skills necessary to professionally lead the organization. We welcome her to this new, challenging position.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of two housing facilities, the LGBT community center, the delivery of social support services to clients of the agency and AIDS education and testing in the community.
Akron Pride Initiative
- Advocates for the rights of the LGBT community
- Serves as a safe meeting location for several LGBT organizations
- Hosts seminars, educational meetings & social events
- All of our groups & activities encourage the inclusion of diversity from within the LGBT Community
Community AIDS Network
- Provides risk reduction
- HIV testing
- Education & housing for individuals who are HIV positive
- Community outreach & community referrals